Sunday 13 July 2014

Flick Chicks Blogathon: Guilty Pleasure Movies

We've taken part in so many Blogathons recently that we thought it was about time we hosted our own. My first Thursday's Thought post prompted a Top 10 Guilty Pleasures list from the both of us, and we had such a great time sharing our thoughts with each other that we thought you might like to do the same. So, without further ado, welcome to the first Flick Chicks Blogathon!


Here are the rules...

1 - You can choose and discuss as many or as few movies as you like. We both did a Top 10, but you can just choose 1 movie if you like. Just tell us a bit about the movie and why you like it so much.

2 - Please create a new post for our Blogathon, rather than linking an old post you may have already done.

3 - Please include our Blogathon Banner anywhere in your post

4 - The deadline for entries is Sunday, 31st August, so there's plenty of time!

And that's it! Either leave a comment with a link to your blog post, send us a tweet, or email us. You can always find out how to contact us here.
We'll keep this post updated with any and all entries as we receive them. This is a completely open Blogathon, so please tell your friends and get them to take part! We really can't wait to see what you all come up with.

32 comments:

  1. Oh wow. This does sound like an interesting one but I have no idea what movie I'd pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John :) There's plenty of time before the deadline so I'm sure something will spring to mind before then!
      - Allie

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yay! So glad to have you on board :D
      - Allie

      Delete
  3. I already know my #1 guilty pleasure, so I'm all in for this! So glad y'all are doing this. I should be able to have it up next week :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that sounds fantastic, I can't wait to see your post!
      - Allie

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm so glad to hear that! Great to have you on board :D
      - Allie

      Delete
  5. Oh boy, so much to choose from. Have to really trim it back. Sounds fun though, I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I struggled to limit my own choices to 10, so major kudos points will go to anyone who can choose just 1! Great to hear you're on board :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  6. Such a fantastic idea! Count me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news, can't wait to hear your choices. - Jenna

      Delete
  7. Saw Fisti's post and thought it was a great idea. Here's my contribution:
    http://flightstightsandmovienights.com/2014/08/08/top-10-guilty-pleasure-superhero-movies/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that word has spread, and thank you for taking part! I love your added twist of using superhero movies :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  8. Just put my post up, ladies.

    http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2014/08/guilty-pleasure-movies-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a star Wendell, thank you! :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  9. Just put mine up!
    http://theoscarsproject.blogspot.ca/2014/08/guilty-pleasure-blogathon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic, thank you! I think I replied to your post :)
      - Allie

      Delete
    2. It looks like you shared/+1'd it on Google+ so your comment doesn't show up (only on your Google+) but that works too! Thanks!

      Delete
  10. I would love to do this blogathan and it sounds very fun to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I have the link for the blogathan about a guilty pleasure film that I have review and here is the link.

    http://moviereviewsfromjames.blogspot.com/2014/08/guilty-pleasures-movies-blogathan.html


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking part James! I love your choice. Our master post will be up very soon after the closing date :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  12. This sounds like a lot of fun! I'll be sure to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your post! :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  13. Just got my post up! :)

    http://letsgotothemovies7.com/2014/08/27/blogathon-guilty-pleasure-movies/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant, thanks so much for taking part!
      - Allie

      Delete
  14. This is an amazing idea for a blogathon, definitely taking part! Shall send over a link. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic! It would be great to have you on board :)
      - Allie

      Delete
  15. Thank you for taking part! I'm having problems posting a comment on your page but I'll keep trying :)
    - Allie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just posted mine today!

    http://ramblingfilm.blogspot.com/2014/08/guilty-pleasures-blogathon-aug-31st.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. We all struggle to get work, pay our bills, find love, achieve fulfilment, squeeze into our jeans, and assemble flat-pack furniture. We need help dealing with all that. And help is there, has always been there, in movies.

    ReplyDelete